22″, M1A, Super Match, 4150, 1/10 Twist, Black
*Though we stock barrels for builds, stripped barrels are usually drop shipped from the manufacturer in retail packaging. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the “in stock” status. We can however accept back orders but please check Faxon’s website for availability.
Building on our success with AR-15 Barrels, 1911s, and M240 machine guns, Faxon is proud to offer its latest barrels for a new platform, the M1A. The Super Match barrel follows the match-winning profile with heavy weight to the rear and a balanced profile up front. Hand-polished .308 Winchester chambers* match to 1/10 twist rifling to create a barrel designed for the heaviest target loads. Coating is black oxide to allow one to break-in a barrel for maximum accuracy.
Simply put, we would not call these “Super Match” if they could not live up to the name.
- Barrel Material: 4150 GBQ Steel
- Barrel Type: Button Rifled
- Barrel Caliber: .308 WIN
- Barrel Twist: 1:10
- Barrel Length: 22”
- Barrel Profile: Heavy Super Match
- Barrel Gas System: M1A
- Inside Finish: Black Oxide
- Outside Finish: Black Oxide
- Muzzle Thread: M1A Standard
- Barrel Compatibility: All M1A / M14 Rifles (Threads are all timed)
- Weight: 3.30 Lbs
- Magnetic Particle Inspected!
- 11-degree Target Crown
Installers should not the following for installation.
- Barrels are machined with timed threads. They are ready to be torqued to the receiver and will have the gas port, alignment cuts, etc. all match.
- Barrels are short-chambered. They will require reaming to match with your bolt and receiver.
- The Super Match M1A barrels require a heavy op rod guide.
Faxon Firearms barrels are the pinnacle of value. Manufactured 100% in-house from cradle-to-grave, these barrels are fully stress relieved, air-gauge tested, and 11 degree target crowned to ensure superior accuracy.
Quality is imbued into our barrels from the start. We start with the best materials, either certified 4150 Mil-Spec steel or 416-R Stainless. From there, each barrel goes through a battery of tests at each operation until finished and final inspected. All barrels are individually checked for headspace by precision custom hardened gauges.
Faxon manufactures all our barrels in Cincinnati, Ohio under our ISO:9001 and AS:9100 quality certifications.